Friday, March 09, 2012

stereo girl

I did this for my friend's zine!  I remember wanting to make zines when I was in high school and college, and then never doing it.   Sometimes I would even do a bunch of drawings and be like, "This is for the the ZINE!" And then the drawings would sit there forever and ever the end.

I'm not sure where this girl came from.  I did a super rough sketch of her a few years ago and I just liked the idea that her clothes (and maybe also her body?) are like a stereo, but a cool analog stereo, that plays how she feels.


























In these drawings she's in a joyful dance-y kind of mood!

What's she dancing to?  Maybe THIS?  That song always makes me feel joyfully dance-y, even though it's not necessarily super dance-able.

Or THIS?  I mean, you can't really argue with that.

In other news, I've been around old CalArts a lot this week looking at student portfolios!  I have a workshop-stype situation going on.  SO MANY PORTFOLIOS!  It's great though.  I get to meet the students and hang around in the faculty lounge.  I'll be there next week too!   Busy busy!

5 comments:

Karina McBeth said...

These are so cute! :D I love her design! :)

Kristina Bustamante said...

I dig these joyful dance poses. The design of her dress is cool and unique, but, oh, the way you drew her hair! I always enjoy looking at nicely-drawn long, flowing hair. One of my favorite things to draw!

Sam said...

Oh I love these so much!! what a fun idea!

Emmanuelle.Walker said...

Haha, these are awesome ! Brilliant dress design by the way, I wish I had one like that !

Unknown said...

Haha these are so cute, I love her poses!